Graphical interface can't boot

Yukimi Daifuku yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 01:36:23 +0200

--Apple-Mail-1-611884574

I want to this page already
it describes what i already did to try to make it work:

* After installation, run the following:  Xautoconfig --fbdev  as root.

but still it doesn't make it better.

anyone can help?

thanks in advance

FB.

Le 10 mai 04, =E0 01:30, Jean-Achille a =E9crit :

> Hello,
>
> Go to this page :
> http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php
> on ibook.
> Then It should work.
>
> Jean-Achille.
>

>  --- Yukimi Daifuku <daifuku@wanadoo.fr> a =E9crit : >
> Hello everyone. I'm quite a noob with linux but i've
>> already searched
>> the web a lot before asking. After having
>> installed YDL 3.01 on my iBook G4 800/12", it tells
>> me the GUI cannot
>> start, i need to enter a root password for it to try
>> with a 'standard'
>> config.
>> I did and still it doesn't work, so i typed in root
>> "Xautoconfig
>> --fbdev", hoping it would solve the problem, it
>> created a file
>> somewhere but after restarting the machine, still,
>> it fails. my card is
>> an ATI radeon mobility 9200 32Mb.
>> Before installing, I took care to format my HD in 1
>> partition in "free
>> space" mode, like i was told to do by many websites.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your help everyone
>>
>> Fabien Besnard

> =09
>
> =09
> 	=09
> Yahoo! Mail : votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout =
!
> Cr=E9ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.benefits.yahoo.com/
>
> Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis gr=E2ce =E0 Yahoo! Messenger=20
> !T=E9l=E9chargez Yahoo! Messenger sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

--Apple-Mail-1-611884574

I want to this page already

it describes what i already did to try to make it work:

run the following:  Xautoconfig --fbdev  as root.

anyone can help?

thanks in advance

FB.

Le 10 mai 04, =E0 01:30, Jean-Achille a =E9crit :

<excerpt>Hello,=20

Go to this page :=20

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php

on ibook.

Then It should work.

Jean-Achille.

 --- Yukimi Daifuku <<daifuku@wanadoo.fr> a =E9crit : >

Hello everyone. I'm quite a noob with linux but i've

<excerpt>already searched=20

the web a lot before asking. After having

installed YDL 3.01 on my iBook G4 800/12", it tells

me the GUI cannot=20

start, i need to enter a root password for it to try

with a 'standard'=20

config.

I did and still it doesn't work, so i typed in root

"Xautoconfig=20

--fbdev", hoping it would solve the problem, it

created a file=20

somewhere but after restarting the machine, still,

it fails. my card is=20

an ATI radeon mobility 9200 32Mb.

Before installing, I took care to format my HD in 1

partition in "free=20

space" mode, like i was told to do by many websites.

Thanks a lot for your help everyone

Fabien Besnard

ewbie=20

=09

=09

	=09

Yahoo! Mail : votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout
!=20