How to check md5sum

bein limited yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 9 May 2004 19:33:36 -0700 (PDT)

--__--__--

Message: 6
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 12:34:36 -0500
From: "Christopher R. White" <cwhite99@charter.net>
To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: How to check md5sum

Clinton MacDonald wrote:

> Mr. Bean:
>
> bein limited wrote:
>
>> Could someone point me to a resource on how to
>> check the md5sum on a mac?
>

> VersionTracker <http://www.versiontracker.com/> is a
great resource
> for finding Macintosh applications. Try the
following URL for a list
> of md5 utilities (mind the wrap), or search for
"md5" from the main
page:

<http://www.versiontracker.com/php/search.php?mode=basic&action=search&str=md5&plt%5B%5D=macosx&x=13&y=8>

> Best wishes,
> Clint

Mac OS X you can type md5 filename in the terminal to
calculate the md5
checksum - Do a google search to find a classic mac os
utility.

Thanks to both - Of the 4 packages at versiontracker,
md5app worked out the best.  I also tried it in the
terminal, which worked also.  Unfortunately the md5sum
didn't match the ISO I was concerned about so I'm
downloading it again.  But the other two checked out
fine :-)

Thanks again.

C. Bean