yellowdog-newbie digest, Vol 1 #982 - Message 1: Gaming

Derick Centeno yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
11 May 2004 20:54:16 -0400

--=-RHDg2c5dxnTGmnES+8aR

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 12:24,
yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 1
> From: "David C. Hacker, DVM" <dhacker@westriv.com>
> Subject: Re: Gaming on Yellow Dog
> Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:06:12 -0500
> To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
>
> You won't be able to run windows based games in this or any other WINE.
>   The problem is that WINE works somewhat like MOL does.  It uses the
> processor directly and does not emulate anything.  There is a port of
> WINE to darwin in progress which includes a WIN32 runtime library, but
> the programs still have to be recompiled to run on the ppc processor.
>
> darwine.opendarwin.org
>
> David C. Hacker, DVM
> 212 N 1st St #2
> New Salem, ND 58563
> (701) 843-8179
> On May 10, 2004, at 11:51 AM, <phunkie@phunkie.net> wrote:
>
> > My primary interest in using Yellow Dog is to finally do away with my
> > Windows PC. I came across a Linux program called
> > WineX, which will run Windows games on Linux. The I found Yellow Dog
> > and figured, if YDL is a fully functioning Linux that
> > works on Mac, shouldn't it run WineX and let me play PC games with
> > full support for my video card?

You may be interested in game which you can download from www.bzflag.org
which will run on all sorts of CPU environments, including ppc systems.
Bzflag is a "free multiplayer multiplatform 3D tank battle game".  If
that doesn't rock you well....

I'm not sure why you would look for games; but rest assured they are out
there.  This is just one of many.  Doesn't anybody seriously work on
their computers anymore???

There is no way to turn morality into a weapon of enslavement except by
divorcing it from
man's reason and from the goals of his own existence. ...when it is set
to oppose his own life and mind, it makes him turn against himself and
blindly act as the tool of his own destruction.
There is no way to make a human being accept the role of a sacrificial
animal except by destroying his self-esteem.  There is no way to destroy
his self-esteem except by making him reject his own consciousness.
There is no way to make him reject his own consciousness except by
convincing him of its impotence.
-- Ayn Rand, "For the New Intellectual"

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's kness.
--Dolores Ibarruri, 1936

Intellectual freedom cannot exist without political freedom; political
freedom cannot exist without economic freedom; a free mind and a free
market are corollaries.
-- Ayn Rand, "For the New Intellectual"

Life only demands from you the strength you possess.  Only one feat is
possible --
not to have run away.
-- Dag Hammarskjold (July 29, 1905 - September 18, 1961)

Be well...

--=-RHDg2c5dxnTGmnES+8aR

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 12:24, yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:<BR>
<FONT SIZE="3"></FONT><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE><FONT COLOR="#f32a3c" SIZE="3"><I>--__--__--

Message: 1