installing ydl graphical mode works/ x doesn't ?

Wujciak, James (US SSA) yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 06:57:39 -0400

Ian-

I recently installed 3.0.1 on a 15" PBG4 and had the same message.
There is a command line that is not included in the "instruction book".
>From the page:=20

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?hw_ca
t_id=3D3

            Xautoconfig --fbdev

This command must be run as root. Then "startx" should start X. If it
does not... you may have not selected 64Mb (Of video memory) during the
installation process

Jim