Last Gasp

Arch and Cath yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 03 Aug 2004 20:16:15 -0400

Oh....Oh... Just one more before you all go away!

Tried to use YDL camera software but it wouldn't work with my serial
interface -- USB only.  Bought a Serial to USB cable which came with a
Prolific PL2303 driver.  Installed it in my ow 9.2.2 system -- works great.

All the stuff I read says that a module in all current ppc kernels supports
PL2303.    The instructions are "modprobe pl2303" or "insmod pl2303" or
"insmod usbserial".  I have tried all of those and the result is the same
"command not found".  I have searched all the "bin" directories and can't
find either command.    Does YDL 3.0.1 supply those 2 commands?   If not how
do I get them

Better yet does anyone else know how to get a serial to USB cable working
with PL2303?

Regards,

Arch