running YDL from an external drive

David C. Hacker, DVM yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:38:01 -0400

The YDL 3.01 installer recognized and installed on my USB drive without
any problems.  I had to make a boot partiton on my main drive for the
kernels since the firmware in my eMac won't recognize USB as boot
drives but other than that no problems at all.  I would suggest putting
in the CD and seeing if it gives you the option to install on the
drive.
David C. Hacker, DVM