Installed YDL 3.0.1 and OS 9 will not boot

David C. Hacker, DVM yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:44:34 -0400

--Apple-Mail-2-928840925

Hi Andy and welcome to the newbie list,
Which eMac do you have?  It must be one of the original ones because
the new ones won't even boot OS 9, other than in Classic mode within OS
X.
To improve your resolutions in MOL run molvconfig again and make sure
you go through all of the possible choices for your resolution even if
they are generic ones.  Sometimes they work better.
The problem with not being able to boot back into your drive is in part
due to the fact that once you install Linux and yaboot you should never
use the startup disk control panel, because it looses your yaboot
settings.  Sometimes resetting the PRAM works.  Try holding down
command-option-P-R when you startup and let it chime 3 times and see
what you get.
David C. Hacker, DVM

--Apple-Mail-2-928840925--