yellowdog-newbie digest, Vol 1 #1215 - 8 msgs

Andy Fingerson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:53:59 -0700 (PDT)

OK, the printer seems to be fine now. I think what
happened was it was printing at a high resolution and
I thought it was stuck in the same spot but it was
probably printing each line very carefully. Sure seems
awfully slow to print a page compared to OS X.

I ran molvconfig and got the same results as previous
attempts. When I check different test resolutions,
instead of getting a red or green or blue or black
screen, I get a screen of horizontal stripes of
different colors including blue, turquoise, pink,
white, black, yellow, and shades of grey. When the
video configuration finishes, I get this text in the
shell:
Writing configfile /var/lib/mol/fb_modes
1152 * 864, 59.09 Hz, Depths: 8
1152 * 864, 69.09 Hz, Depths: 8
1152 * 864, 74.09 Hz, Depths: 8
1152 * 846, 79.09 Hz, Depths: 8
1152 * 846,  0.00 Hz, Depths: 8

I still get the funky low-res, off-color graphics in
MOL. Any ideas?

Have a great weekend.

I have a 1.25 Ghz eMac and it is definitely a great
value.

In order to set yaboot to boot both OS X and OS 9 you
will have to
have them on seperate partitions on your hard drive.

I figured the PRAM setting would restore your yaboot.

The printer is probably trying to print the postscript
data as ascii
text.  Try changing drivers for your printer or
settings on the driver.

David C. Hacker, DVM