G3 problems booting internal ide: would pci-usb/firewire card boot?

Derick Centeno yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
23 Aug 2004 04:23:35 -0400

Hi Mark
Depending upon the PCI card you use there shouldn't be problems.  I have
a Firewire drive connected to a Sonnet Technologies USB/Firewire card
which sits inside my Beige 233 MHz Mini-tower!  IF that system can do
it; so can yours!

Regarding booting Linux from it; one of the contributers to this list
figured out a way to do what you wished.  He wrote out the procedure at
the following website:
http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/start