Off Topic: An Olympic Interlude

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:58:23 -0500

Friends:

This is 100% off topic. I will not even try to pretend that this post
has anything to do with Yellow Dog Linux, with Macintosh computers, or
with Linux or computers in general.

[Off topic]

With regards to NBC's coverage of the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens,
Greece:

NBC -- THERE ARE SPORTS OTHER THAN GYMNASTICS AND SWIMMING!

What about track and field, indoor volleyball, baseball, archery,
riflery, fencing, modern pentathlon (really cool, by the way),
badminton, handball, weight lifting, equestrian, canoing, sailing,
boxing, wrestling, judo, or cycling?

What about table tennis? What about TABLE TENNIS, for CRIKE'S SAKE?

Sheesh. It makes me so mad.

We now return you to things that rhyme with "mellow frog."

Best wishes,
Clint
(extra points to anyone who can name the singer known as the "Velvet Fog")

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: