YDL 4.0

Arch and Cath yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:02:53 -0400

>From several decades working in Spacecraft Operations, I am much more
comfortable with evolutionary rather than step function changes --
particularly where software is concerned.   I would guess that the changes
in 4.0 could be yummed in a piece at a time and have a much more graceful
transition.   I also get to choose my bells and whistles.

I guess my attitude is tempered by my experience with YDL where both 2.3 and
3.0.1 as received out of the box had mol versions that were not compatible
with the kernel versions.

Arch

on 8/23/04 8:40 PM, Clinton MacDonald at clint.macdonald@sbcglobal.net