mol problem. macosx partition locked. any suggestions?

mascarasnake yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:17:12 -0400

Hey Roger, I'll toss a few ideas to you - I don't know if they'll be of
any help - These are just shots in the dark.

Try booting MOL with the OS X install CD

If you have an OS 9 partition, can you boot mol with that?

If you added a blkdev line to your molrc file, try removing it and
allowing the script to run through and auto detect the drive. I added
'/dev/hda' to mine (OldWorld) and got a doubling of my HDD when MOL
started. On the NewWorld, the OF may be getting locked up trying to
access the same partition over and over - just a guess.

Try running MOL as root - a la:
	sudo startmol -X

Have you tried to mount 'hda9' directly in Linux? ( I double checked
your old posts and you said you're running 3.0.1 - You should be able to
mount HFS+ parts) You never explicitly said that you had ever mounted
that partition, just checked to ensure that it *wasn't* mounted.

Try checking ownership and permissions for '/dev/hda*'. Ownership should be:
	ls -l /dev/hda*
<snip>
brw-rw----    1 root     disk       3,   9 Jan 30  2003 /dev/hda9
</snip>

Check if you have Open Firmware password enabled. If it is, that may be
interfering with MOL being able to access that volume.

I know, I know, I'm reaching, just ideas - things I would check out.

g'luck