partitioning recommendations

nicole yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:27:53 -0400

On Aug 27, 2004, at 1:10 PM, Arrigo Benedetti wrote:
> I am going to install YDL 4.0 on a 15'' Powerbook. Since I do not want
> to reformat the Mac OS X partition,
> I have looked into non-destructive repartitioning tools, and I have
> found some reviews of iPartition. Has anyone
> in this list used it? Are there other/better options?
> Are there any guidelines/HOWTOs about how many partitions to create,
> how big, etc.?
> I am familiar with Linux on x86, but new to PPC...

Personally, I am not familiar with iPartiton but have used Volume Works
(http://www.subrosasoft.com/thestore/product_info.php?products_id=431)
several times without any data loss (but I still do a complete backup
each time just in case).  I usually run it off an external firewire
drive I have OS X installed on.  You can also order a bootable CD from
them.

nicole