Installing YDL on 6100 - Etsushi's web site

David C. Hacker, DVM yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:53:40 -0400

--Apple-Mail-1--616896416

We have answered this question several times!!!!!
David C. Hacker, DVM
On Aug 17, 2004, at 1:20 PM, Per Erik R=F8nne wrote:

> I=92ve got an old 6100/60/72 which I try to install YDL 3.01 on. On =
the
> http://www.yellowdoglinux.com site you can find a how-to on how to do=20=

> it,
> written by Skip Gaede. In this how-to you will find a place which =
says:

> =3D=3D=3D
> Install the Linux kernel(s)
>  Conceptually, this is involves placing a copy of the Linux kernel =
plus
> ramdisk (initrd) in the Extensions folder on the client, then changing=20=

> its
> name to "Mach Kernel". Either download the file to a YDL box acting as=20=

> file server, or download directly to the Mac.
>
>  You need to download two kernels from Etsushi's web site
> ftp://ppc.linux.or.jp/pub/users/ekato/nubus-pmac/: The one with the
> installer is in the YDL 2.3 directory, and the post installation=20
> kernel is
> located in the current directory. Please check the web site for the=20
> latest
> versions, as they do change from time to time.
> =3D=3D=3D
>
> Unfortunately, Etsushi's web site is no longer present. Does anybody=20=

> know
> where to find the two necessary kernels?
> --=20
> Per Erik R=F8nne, MSc
> Frederikssundsvej 308B, DK-2700 Br=F8nsh=F8j
> Telephone & fax 38 89 00 16, mobile 28 23 09 92
> Denmark

--Apple-Mail-1--616896416

David C. Hacker, DVM

On Aug 17, 2004, at 1:20 PM, Per Erik R=F8nne wrote:

<excerpt>I=92ve got an old 6100/60/72 which I try to install YDL 3.01
on. On the

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com site you can find a how-to on how to do
it,

written by Skip Gaede. In this how-to you will find a place which says:

=3D=3D=3D

Install the Linux kernel(s)

 Conceptually, this is involves placing a copy of the Linux kernel plus

ramdisk (initrd) in the Extensions folder on the client, then changing
its

name to "Mach Kernel". Either download the file to a YDL box acting as a