Configuring an apple stylewriter 2500 on Yellow Dog Linux

Thomas Kaddatz yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 14:14:12 +0200

Hi everyone out there!
I have no success to print to my apple color stylewriter 2500 on YDL
(YellowDogLinux).
My hardware:
Apple (beige) G3 233; YDL 3.0

It seems I can't talk to my serial port:
dmesg | grep tty
gives me following:

----
tty00 at 0xcb99e020 (irq = 15) is a Z8530 ESCC, port = modem
tty01 at 0xcb9a5000 (irq = 16) is a Z8530 ESCC, port = printer
----

I made a (locally connected) printing-queue to /dev/tty01, but with no
success.
I had also a try under CUPS, but printing a test page doesn't work, too.

All the lpstyl (--> driver/filter for my stylewriter) and foomatic stuff
seemes
to be installed by YDL, there are also all the PPDs...
...searched information here, at YDL-support-forums,google and newsgroups
Could anyone help me out???