mol and hfs+

Arch and Cath yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:07:00 -0400

I have been going through some hardware machinations to insure that Linux
will reliably see my Firewire 120GB external hard drive and am currently
awaiting arrival of a new Firewire card.  My primary motivation for this is
so that mol can see the partitions on the FW drive containing all of my Mac
applications and data.  I just had a sinking feeling that because all of
these partitions are hfs+ maybe mol won't be able to see them!   I have
assumed because mol is acting like a Mac it will be able to see hfs+ stuff
-- will it?

Assuming the worst (I am a Murphy disciple) and mol can't access the hfs+
files, is there a way to just reformat a single partition on the fw drive?
I followed the thread on iPartition and it looked like it would do the trick
-- except it is only for OS-X and I am on 9.2.2.    Does anyone know of
iPartition equivalent s/w for OS 9?

Regards,

Arch