eth0 config

Scott Condie yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:37:20 -0400

Guys,
    I've searched far and wide for the answer to this, but have been unable
to find it.  Since I am not a network expert I may have been looking for the
wrong thing however.
    I seem to have some configuration problems with the eth0 interface.  I
recently moved offices to a building that uses static IPs instead of a DHCP
server.  I have the IP address, subnet mask and gateway set in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.
    I can ping the local IP address successfully, but I can't get anything
back after pinging the router.  I have found a sight that tells me to do
this as a diagnostic, but doesn't tell me what possible fixes are.  Do any
of you have ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Scott