Managed to install YDL, not os x on beige G3/266

Marc yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:27:04 +0200

When installing 10.2, I get the following message
hd 4Gb  scsi, so no 8gb issue, 256RAM

Failed to write System/library/extensions/AppleNDRV/ATIDriverUpdate -
Invalid Argument

install ends with "successful install" message...

When I boot I get the grey os x screen with dark grey Apple
logo, nothing more happens...

I know there is an issue where they say to delete a bundle file in
System/library/extensions/AppleNDRV/
but it is not there...
When I delete ATIDriverUpdate, that doesn't solve the problem.

I tried with a 6 months old Xpostfacto (should not be necessary)...

Ydl works great.  I suppose it would not be a problem to run OS X
within YDL,
mac-on-linux way, I will just have the 50Mb(?) ram overhead of X
windows + ydl...

Marc