USB to ethernet adapters and macs

christopher marcoe yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 22 23:16:54 MDT 2004

I'm sorry that my first post wasnt' very clear.  The sarcasm and humor Derick provided have taught me the error of my ways.  I'll be as short and complete as possible:

<snip everything...original post and added sarcasm via reply>

I ask the very specific question:

"Is anyone aware of a USB-to-ethernet adapter that works on apple hardware with any of the following Opperating Systems: OS 9.x / OS 10.X / YDL 3.x"

I actively use all three, although still learning linux.

WHY am I asking the question?
My G3/900 ibook (which is a laptop, and therefor has no PCI slots..for those unfamiliar w/ the apple product line or laptops in general) has had it's built in ethernet port broken.

Being that all ibooks also lack a PCMCIA slot/port (either 16 bit or 32 bit cardbus) this leaves me w/ a problem...no easy way to get an RJ45 ethernet port on the machine.

NOTE: apple laptops no longer have SCSI ports, so an ASANTI SCSI-to-ethernet adapter is also not an option on the ibook, running any OS.

Any actually constructive advice/links would be appreciated.  Please keep responces from ranting and rambling on.  If you are aware of other places/threads that this questions might be better served I am EAGER for constructive guidance.  I'd rather not be using my Win98/2000/XP desktop, it doesn't fit in bed or on the couch.

Sincerely,

Chris

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.