USB to ethernet adapters and macs

Brian Waite linwoes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 13:16:07 MDT 2004

Chris,
Most of the big comapnies make USB to Ethernet adapters. Many are
supported by Linux. Just do a google seach on usb to ethernet. You'll
find Netgear, Linksys, etc. Addd Linux to the search and now you'll
find matricies of supported chipsets/devicecs. Next replace Linux wirg
OSX and you get another set pages. HINT: Chek out OS X    Zone.
Finally, for the triple play see if you can google for OS9. (I did not
do this test) I don't think you are going to have ANY trouble finding
a USB to ethernet adapter that will work on 2 of the 3 OS and probably
3 of 3 OSes. USB to ethernet adapter drivers are not very complex so i
bet you have built in OS support already under Linux and maybe OSX.

Thanks
Brian