Q: YLD3 CD boot trouble on B&W G3

Magnus Reintz reintz at stud.ntnu.no
Mon Sep 27 03:15:15 MDT 2004

Hi!

I'm new to this list, so please excuse me if I'm off topic or if my
questions are n00b.

I'm trying to install YLD3 on a B&W G3 and I simply can't boot the CD.
I've used the same CD set to install YLD on an old iBook, so there's no
problem with the CD set. I've also installed OS X on this B&W G3, so
there's no physical/boot problem.

The system tries to load the CD and after a few spins, it boots OS X
instead.

I've searched all the forums I could find and discovered a couple of
people with the same problems, but no solutions.

Facts:
* Tried "zapping the pram"
* Asked OF to boot from CD
* System IS "new world", so yaboot should work

So... any suggestions?

Thanks for any help ;-)