Shut Down Command

clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 9 10:14:50 MDT 2004

Mr. Low:

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 10:21, Ivan Low wrote:

At least *one* thing you might want to do is change your system date and
time. I do not know if it will help with the shut down command, but
there are many things in Yellow Dog Linux that do not function properly
if your system time is incorrect:

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/clock.shtml>
<http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Configuring+YDL/Setting+time+and+date>

> Hi, does anybody know why was I not able to use the shut down command?

The shutdown command must be issued as root, and is in the form of
"shutdown -h now" (to shutdown) or "shutdown -r now" (to reboot).
"reboot" should also work.

<http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Updating+YDL/Doing+things+as+root>

Good luck!

Best wishes,