recovering volume in os X after YDL install

Conor Egan clubkill at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 00:49:30 MDT 2004

I have a drive that contained an install of YDL.  It
was the only OS on the drive, and was formatted with
the autoformat option.  At this point, I need to be
able to use this paticular drive under OSX again.
When I try to boot OSX off of another drive while the
YDL drive is hooked up, it will cause OSX to hang
during startup.  Disc utility will not see the drive,
nor will the df command in the terminal.  The only
thing that can see it is DiskWarrior, but it just says
it is an unknown filesystem and can do nothing with
it.

How can I get this drive back into the osx fold?
There is not data on it that needs to be preserved, it
just has to be able to be initialized for os x again.
I can boot off of it back into YDL, but any
suggestions would have to be totally CLI (as i did not
get X cinfigured properly on my machine).  Also, I am
a linux newbie, so i would need any commands spelled
out for me.

Thanks for your help!