RPM problems!

sloopy sloopy at ydl.net
Fri Oct 15 13:36:42 MDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 10:01, electric avatar wrote:
> Hi guys and gals!
>
> Every time I try install some rpm package I get this
> message.
>
> rpmdb: PANIC: Invalid argument
> rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery
> rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery

one or two lines deleted

> error: db4 error(-30982) from db->close:
> DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
> rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery
> error: db4 error(-30982) from dbenv->close:
> DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
>

> My question is: How I run a database recovery for rpm
> package? Or how can I fix this problem?

man rpm (quoted)

   REBUILD DATABASE OPTIONS
       The general form of an rpm rebuild database command is

       rpm {--initdb|--rebuilddb} [-v] [--dbpath DIRECTORY] [--root
DIRECTORY]

       Use  --initdb  to create a new database, use --rebuilddb to
rebuild the
       database indices from the installed package headers.

which basically means:

rpm --rebuilddb

and then if it still gives you errors... that isnt good...

sloopy.