dfe-530tx+ rev. e1

Kusanagi kusanagiyang at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 04:45:09 MDT 2004

Hello,

I am crossing my finger wishing that you had found the
solution that you brought up more than a year ago
'cause i am stuck in the same situation for days
before i saw your messege.  if it is not too much,
could you pls tell me whether you have got around this
pain??  Thanks a million

richard

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 05:15, William M. Smith wrote:
> YDL is my first deep exploration into Linux and I've
learned a lot about
> getting my own source code and customizing my own
installations during the
> configure process. However, I'm now wanting to add a
new 100mb NIC to a
> beige G3 tower, which has 10mb built in. This is my
first new hardware
> install and I'm stumped.
>
> I purchased a D-Link PCI adpater DFE-530TX+, rev.
E1. I got this one because
> it supports both Mac and Linux.
>
> The instructions are for a more savvy Linux user and
leave a lot of detail
> out. I have a Makefile and a driver file. Some
instructions I found on the
> web indicate running the following from within the
folder containing the
> files (I'm running while in /usr/src/linux):
>
> gcc -I /usr/src/linux -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c
> rtl8139.c `[ -f /usr/include/linux/modversions.h ]
&& echo -DMODVERSIONS`

> Doing so results in what seem like many erros and a
final message "confused
> by earlier errors, bailing out".
>
> According to other information I found on the web, I
can use a module
> already installed called 8139too.o, but all
references to this that I've
> found are for rev. D cards. I've found nothing about
rev. E. And how exactly
> would I "use" a module?
>
> Needless to say, I can't figure out what I'm suppose
to do or even if this