YDL 3.0.1

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 1 08:37:17 MST 2004

Mr. Hogan:

P.J.Hogan wrote:
> I have downloaded the three iso files and run md5 on them
> and all is ok. I have burned the iso files to cd but when
> I try to boot to them they don’t? The pc reads them then
> boots from disk??

Although you do not say on what Mac you are trying to install Yellow Dog
Linux 3.0.1 (and this is very important information!), I am going to
guess that it is an "Old World" Mac (any Mac that shipped without
built-in USB ports is "Old World"). Therefore, you will not be able to
boot directly from the CD-ROMs. Try this, instead:

<http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Installing+YDL/on+OldWorld+Macs>
<http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Installing+YDL/How+should+I+partition+my+disks%3F>

Good luck!

Best wishes,