scanjet 6200c, usb

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Mon Nov 1 13:45:43 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 09:57, Herr Ordung wrote:
> I see I have "xsane" and "sane-backends" installed, so what elso do I do
> to use the HP ScanJet 6200c using the USB?  Typing "scane" in the
> Terminal tells me "no devices availale".
> Thanks,
> Herr Ordung

Try to run <sane-find-scanner>. If you hit 'command not found', input
the whole path: </usr/bin/sane-find-scanner> and see what you can get.

Extra bit:
	]$ sane-find-scanner --help
# Note that sane-find-scanner will find any scanner that is connected
# to a SCSI bus and some scanners that are connected to the Universal
# Serial Bus (USB) depending on your OS. It will even find scanners
# that are not supported at all by SANE. It won't find a scanner that
# is connected to a parallel or proprietary port.

# You may want to run this program as super-user to find all devices.
# Once you found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access
# permissions as necessary.