Determined, newbie Old Codger fails 3x to install YDL

Don Maddox don.maddox at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 3 08:38:27 MST 2004

I am a total newbie to Linux but have resurrected my G3 laptop (192 Mb RAM,
6GB HD, no USB -  so presumably Old World) with the challenge of becoming
familiar  with YDL

Each time installation pauses with the information "You haven't determined
your Mount Points" (or similar) before partitioning which leaves me
perplexed.

The HD was initialised with 9.2.2 Drive set up to HFS and formatted into two
partitions. 1GB reserved for installing OS9.2.2 and the remaining 5GB for
YDL.  Each time I've followed the instructions in the YDL 2.3 Companion and
gone the BootX route.

Should I try to be installing on a partition or reducing the latter to a
minimum and installing on the approx. 5GB free space ? Or what ?

I do realise that these are embarrassingly trite questions but would be
grateful for any help anyone can offer.

Don Maddox