How to update KDE on YDL3?

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 21 14:30:38 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 14:04, Ted Goranson wrote:
> Is there some simple advice on getting me the modern KDE on an old
> YDL installation?
>
> I'm sure there must be some YUM repositories and special commands
>
> Best, Ted

Simple? yes.. Easy? not for sure...

	Konstruct is your friend:
	<http://developer.kde.org/build/konstruct/>

	Its a utility that is used to make the process as easy as possible to
the user. The dig deal is the ~300MB worth of files to download then
build....took forever on my lazy 300Mhz...Thereafter, even with the
instructions from their site, I never managed to get it to load... All
went well, indeed, but the After installation procedure never worked on
my computer (export lines...) Some people succeed but I didnt ;) Im
waiting for YDL4 to be released and I'll use them rpms to upgrade.