Issues with YDL 4 on iMacG5

LuisRH luisrh at mac.com
Wed Nov 24 05:17:22 MST 2004

After a lot of effort I managed to get YDL4 working on my iMac G5
If someone knows how I can fix the following (especially Ethernet) please
send me an email..

issues list follow:

1. sound - no sound device, I wasn't expecting it to work since the PMG5
does not support it yet.
2. CD ROM - No CD ROM, sadly this was my main culprit in getting it to
install!
3. No Ethernet - I could not get it to work with the Gmac Driver (another
reason it took me so long.)

This is what I finally did:
1. Install YD4 on my iBook (ext2 format)
2. installed ExtFSManager on iBook and iMac
3. backup the image to a file (Disk Util)
4. restore image to iMac drive
5. change yaboot.conf to use G5 kernel
6. use open firmware to boot yaboot from hfs partition
7. boot

It looks more simple when it is in a list like this :-)
--
Luis Hernandez
email:luisrh at mac.com
email:luisrh01 at email.uophx.edu