Firefox under YDL 3.0.1 on a G3/DT

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Wed Nov 24 16:41:09 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 18:33, JGE wrote:
> Hi folks:
>
> Is anyone running Firefox 1.0rcXX under YDL 3.0.1? If so where did you
> source the version of Firefox from and how did you install it? I've been
> confused about which pkg platform to grab from! The Mac ones are clearly
> for OS X, but it seems unliely that the x86 versions will work. I've
> pulled down several tar'd them in console, had them unpack but stop
> because the executable "Firefox" file won't run.
>
> HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

yeah...... I've been there, too. I know how what you mean.. For firefox,
you will use yum. But first you will add freshrpms server in
/etc/yum.conf:

[freshrpms]
name=FreshRPMS
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/3.0/ppc/freshrpms/

Then do 'yum install firefox'. This will install version 10.1

*OR*

You can go to http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/3.0/ppc/freshrpms/RPMS/
and get firefox-0.10.1-0.10.0.yd3.fr.ppc.rpm

until then, RRRREEEEELLLLLAAAAAXXXXXX ;-)