download YDL 4

Markus Nicolussi mcwimpy at gmx.at
Thu Nov 25 06:21:12 MST 2004

> Pardon the tone of this e-mail - it's not meant to be facetious.
>
> I've had the ISOs since Sunday.
>
> You may just want to (a) read these forums (if you're going to ask a
> question... it was discussed AND ANNOUNCED last weekend) and (b)
> checking Terrasoft's download site and mirrors!
>
> Eric.

to your a:
1.)here
http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/
there exists no search engine!
2.) i read the subject of all emails that came on the newbie list and there
was nothing apropriate about "download ISOs"

according to your b:
1.) i get the YDL announce list and observe it VERY carefully,
we have
* Terra Soft Offers Platform LSF HPC for Y-HPC: 11 November 2004
* IBM Announces XL C/C++ and Fortran Beta Compilers for Y-HPC: Press Release
* SBS, Terra Soft Offer 64-bit PowerPC Linux InfiniBand: Press Release 10
November 2004
* Terra Soft Launches 64-bit Y-HPC with SystemImager: Press Release 2004
11/09
and
* Yellow Dog Linux v4.0 ships!
where it says that the ISOs will be available in roughly two weeks. No
Message about "You can download now under this or that link"

and 2.)
here
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/ydl_home.shtml
it says also nothing about it.

I don't want to quarrel with you. I only want to sohw that i do almost
everything before i write to the mailing list!

Finlally, excuse my newbieness but i looked allways in
ftp://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/yellowdog/yellowdog-4.0/en/os/images

after your email i searched the server a bit and found the ISOs. Ifeel
sorry.

ciao, nico.

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++