building fortune, etcetera

Lincoln rutledge.50 at osu.edu
Tue Dec 14 11:41:04 MST 2004

Hi Folks,

First, does anyone have an RPM or a build of fortune?

Secondly, anyone have a point in the right direction on helping me get
1.99 to build?:
fortune.c:143:27: recode.h: No such file or directory
fortune.c:255: error: syntax error before "request"
fortune.c:255: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of
`request'
fortune.c:255: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
fortune.c:256: error: syntax error before "outer"
fortune.c:256: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `outer'
fortune.c:256: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
fortune.c: In function `matches_in_list':
fortune.c:1549: warning: implicit declaration of function
`recode_string'
fortune.c:1549: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
fortune.c: In function `display':
fortune.c:1631: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
fortune.c:1641: warning: implicit declaration of function
`recode_delete_request'
fortune.c: In function `main':
fortune.c:1679: warning: implicit declaration of function
`recode_new_outer'
fortune.c:1680: warning: implicit declaration of function
`recode_new_request'
fortune.c:1689: warning: implicit declaration of function
`recode_scan_request'
make[1]: *** [fortune.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/linc/fortune-mod-1.99.1/fortune'
make: *** [fortune-bin] Error 2
[linc at localhost fortune-mod-1.99.1]$

Thirdly, I got dhclient to work with wlan0 on YDL 4.  I just had to
build the newest release of isc-dhcp from source, which was completely
trivial, and voila.  Anyone having trouble using dhcp with their
wireless may look at this.

Thanks!
--
Lincoln lrutledgeATmemberD0TfsfD0Torg support the FSF
http://www.pycs.net/users/0000337 The Rock Garden, my blog