G5 Vacuum Cleaner

Raymond Halbert astrochess at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 20 19:49:58 MST 2004

I have downloaded YDL 4.0, and I want to install it onto my dual 2.0
Ghz powermac G5 (512 Mb RAM).

The installation seemed to be going along fine, but before long I began
to notice the fans were speeding up. In about 30 seconds (I was in the
middle of figuring out the partition section), the thing was beginning
to sound like a vacuum cleaner. Afraid that the fans would be fed too
much voltage, I canceled the installation and restarted.

Now, everything is back to normal. Should I ignore the fans on my next
installation attempt?

Astrochess