partitioning a drive

Kevin McMahon butters at buttershome.com
Wed Dec 22 15:32:50 MST 2004

hello, I have a pismo g3 with an 11gig drive and am
running os10.3.7 with 764megs of ram and would like to
know what partitioning scheme I should choose and what
are the specs for each. I will use 4 gigs for 10.3.7
and need to know how big the root, swap and boot
should be. I hope you can help me with the ?... I plan
to install the personal desktop version of ydl 4.0 and
kmail and kOffice and a few more apps as well,
probably about 4 gigs worth which will be the root
partitiion am I right? Just the remaining boot and
swap is what I need to know, thanks for any help.
Kevin