YD 4.0

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 09:25:39 MST 2005

--- "Longman, Bill" <> wrote:

> Back in the dark ages, I ran a Xenix box on a 386 with 16MB of RAM
> and two
> 250MB hard disks. It housed a full data base and code development
> for a team
> of four. GNU/Linux, unlike GNU/Hurd, is a monolithic kernel. Lots
> of big
> stuff in one place. Hurd is the microkernel version that is dying
> on the
> vine. Too bad. We need another Linus for the microkernel. Whaddaya
> say,
> Norberto? :=P

Snipped
<tongue in cheek>
I say, "Let me get right on that, just as soon as I clear my driveway
of 8 inches of ice covered snow and finish up the how-to install
YD4.0 on an oldworld machine FAQ.  Oh yeah and figure out a way of
keeping hundreds of geese from crapping on my lawn.*"

* I live on a lake
</tongue in cheek>