Nessus install

Jeff Brooks-Manas JBrooks-Manas at rmcengr.com
Sun Jan 16 08:41:30 MST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to install Nessus on YDL 4.0. I got the shell script and it ran with a bunch of errors - to numerous to mention. I was able to generate the certificate, and add a user. I can also start the Daemon and log in. Once I try to run a scan, the application closes.

Is there a better way to do the install. Nessus is "featured" on TerraSoft's web site, as one of the cool Linux tools, but there are no install instructions.

I have all of the compilers, etc. installed.

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff Brooks-Manas - Sr. IT Coordinator
Raines, Melton & Carella, Inc.