Bad Background Color, YDL4

andersoc at msoe.edu andersoc at msoe.edu
Sun Jan 16 18:46:20 MST 2005

Hi,

  I am running with millions of colors as we speak, on my PowerBook G4
400.  I also had "mud-like" colors when I installed the OS last night.
You have to tell YDL what monitor you are using.

1) go to the K or Blue/Yellow Dog (for KDE or Gnome)
2) System Settings
3) Display
4) Authenticate as Root, if you are not already root
5) Hardware tab
6) Configure Monitor Type
7) Click on the triangle next to Apple
8) Choose your display..in this case you probably want Apple PowerBook G4
Series (1999-2000)
9) OK
10) You have to log out or restart for the change to occur
12) Under the Settings tab, change your color Depth to Millions.

Let me know how this turns out.

Thank you,
  Chris

PS. Yes I did go against my post within the last month about staying away
from YDL4.  I figured I would give it a shot.