Mounting the Linux Drive in Mac OS X

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 17 09:03:18 MST 2005

Mr. Halbert:

Raymond Halbert wrote:
> I was very easily abel to mount the Mac OS X hard drive in Linux, but I
> am having trouble doing the opposite. I. e., I want o mount the Linux
> partition in Mac OS X, but I cannot figure out how.

Have a look at ext2fsx:

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsx/>

This is another System Preferences utility that, like Mr. Tou's Ext2
Filesystem 1.3, allows one to mount an ext2 or ext3 (i.e., YDL)
partition in Mac OS X. I have used ext2fsx and it seems to work like a
charm.

(By the way, if you go so far as to try both ext2fsx and Ext2
Filesystem, we would love to have a comparison report on this mailing list!)

Best wishes,
Clint