Remote Access OS X to YDL X

James Cass cassj at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 18 22:21:52 MST 2005

> So what is happening? Has my OS X X11 become the "x server"
You've just established a remote X-session with your YDL box.  Just
like in the good old days.

> 3. Switch to X (make sure you have a way to get out of X...
After you log out of YDL, change focus to the MacOSX Terminal window by
clicking on it.  Then you can "control-c" to cleanly quit X.

> In many ways it feels much smoother
Oh yeah, it's much better.  Try "Tux Racer" now.  It's actually
enjoyable and not jumpy at all.  Don't try Chromium or Maelstrom
though.  They still creep for me.

I keep my YDL4 iBook (600MHz) on my home network but out of the way,
and I can still access YDL4 from my PowerBook.  It is sweet!

- James