YDL 4.0 + powerMac G5 = No drivers found

Anoosh Hosseini anoosh at cisco.com
Wed Jan 19 15:55:23 MST 2005

Just got my powerMac G5 yesterday (standard 1.8Ghz single CPU box)
runs Panther fine.

* Booted with YD4 CD1
* used install-g5 (and also tried all other g5 options)
* Software detects a single device (firewire I believe)
* Got to install from local-CDROM/disk/httpd/ftp dialog box
* When selecting either cd-rom, httpd or ftp, installation says
    no driver found to support the media selection. (or something
    to that effect) Insert driver disk or search for one. Nothing useful
    is listed, and I have no "driver" disk.

I have seen some posting with similar experiences on the mailing
list, but I have also seen posts form people who seem to have YDL4
running on G5's. I did not see a clean solution posted anywhere
other than wait for YDL 4.1. (when will that be out?)
Any other pointers will be appreciated.

thanks
-anoosh