[OT] Why Yellowdog?

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 21 15:07:17 MST 2005

Friends:

To keep this off-topic post completely off topic, here's another
mindless comment (in response to my own earlier off-topic post -- I am
shameless).

Clinton MacDonald wrote:
> The only worse waste of screen real estate is big, colorful, and
> oh-so-cryptic button bars (grrrrr...). Or, maybe a big ugly Dock
> centered at the bottom of the screen is more wasteful. [...]

Bruce Tognazzini ("Tog"), the reigning guru of computer usability, does
not mince words about how he feels about Apple's Dock:

<http://www.asktog.com/columns/044top10docksucks.html>

"The Dock's sole positive attribute lies in its improving the Mac's
'curb appeal' and demoability."

Best wishes,
Clint