Configurability

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Sat Jan 22 19:20:27 MST 2005

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:23:24 -0500

> Item 2: can't find any way to dim the screens for night use.  Even dark
> color settings don't make it dim enough to avoid waking light sleeper
> wife.

Well, my monitor is used to turn off ( red power led ) when I let it "sit" at the login screen for long enough. ( that's GDM screen - by default, with Yellow Dog, its a blue screen with a yellow 'yellowdog' on it - thats where you input your username and password..) But when I let it 'sit' when logged-in it usually open screensaver ( green power led )

I said 'usually' because I recently installed BlackBox (from freshrpms - thanks!) and this one power-off my monitor (or isnt it 'sleep mode'?) instead of opening a screensaver. I guess all these things are all environment-dependent.