Sound on iMac 600 slot load

Peter Gort pgort at mac.com
Mon Jan 24 03:16:16 MST 2005

well I´ve been searching for solutions to the Sound problem, and while there
are other people querying the problem on the net, I can find an answer.

The problem:  during initial setup the sound test worked and I heard the
sounds in stereo.  Ever since then, on login I get a message :

"Error while initializing sound driver
SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT failed, invalid argument"

has anybody worked out a fix for this?
assuming that itś an incorrect entry in a config file, where is the config
file that is supplying the invalid argument?

Peter