Booting from CD

joyn treework at halenet.com.au
Wed Jan 26 01:41:57 MST 2005

G'day YDL types,

Having lurked on this list for some time, I have to say that it is the
most polite and friendly list I have been on. Perhaps mac/Linux users
are just more enlightened and less inclined to aggression?

Anyway my question for now is this. I am trying to install YDL
2.something onto a PB G3 233, while waiting  for my YDL4 disks to
arrive from the states. Its entirely possible that version 3 would be
much better but to try and download all 3 discs on my  Australian
country phoneline would take about a month. From what I can gather from
the archives YDL4 will not install on an old world machine such as
this(no built in USB but it does have a card slot)?
When I try and boot from the CD the PB will only look for a blessed
system folder and as it cant find anything of the sort on the YDL disc
it just reverts to the HDD.
So what do I have to do to boot from the CD and start the install?
What am I going to find when I do get the install to work. How usable
is YDL 2.something?

Thanks
Jonathan

Jonathan Rihan