Serial Modem Setup

Michael D Kane kaneco at att.net
Sat Jan 29 11:16:59 MST 2005

Hello

I am using YDL 3.0.1 on a Lombard PB G3 and have not been able to set up
the internal serial modem. I can connect to the internet via KPPP so the
modem is ok. When I try to set up the modem using System Settings,
Network, no modem is found when YDL polls the system. I tried
"setserial" and it says all devices and locations are occupied and busy.
This can't be right as I am no external devices of any kind.

I got MOL to work and with exception of not being able to connect to the
internet from MOL it works very well. By the way, when I check modem
status while running MOL it says "no serial port available"

Can someone please give me some pointers?

Thanks

Mike Kane