Using the "ps" to show run-time options

ssv102email-linux at yahoo.com ssv102email-linux at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 08:29:16 MST 2005

Eric,
FYI.
You can stop X and gdm by running the following
command: "services gdm stop"
or just go to the /etc/init.d and run the gdm script
manually and pass it "stop"
example:
"/etc/init.d/gdm stop"

You don't want to do this while in X so make sure to
switch terminals "CTRL-ALT-F2" were F2 can be any of
the terminals F2-F6 (tty2-tty6).
Hope this helps.
Shane