G3 Desktop - no boot to CD

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 09:47:00 MST 2005

Just as any FYI Smitty, the reason the CD doesn't boot is that the
"Beige" G3 (300 MHz) that Pete has (and "OldWorld" Mac) will not boot
the YDL CD without getting some initial help from a "boot loader" --
in most cases that boot loader is xboot running in Mac OS, but there
are a few people who use an OSS bootloader (which is no where near as
easy to set up and doesn't always play nice with older Open Firmware).

Eric.