installing xfce - dbh ?

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Sun Feb 6 20:02:59 MST 2005

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:35:43 -0400
Iain McKee <mckeeir at nb.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I am attempting to install xfce GUI using the graphic installer (the
> easy way). All system requirements pass except it can not find dbh
> 1.0....what do i need to install or is it somewhere in the system? The
> GUI installer gives me the option to locate the file manually....
>
> Any help is appreciated and I am a hardcore newbie.....thanks

You can install dbh with yum. Since we are talking about compiling,
Im pretty sure you'll need the -devel part. Installing a -devel
package usually bring along the real package:
 ]$ yum install dbh-devel [enter]

The dbh package contain these files:
 ]$ rpm -ql dbh [enter]
- /usr/include/dbh.h
- /usr/include/dbh_config.h
- /usr/include/dbh_functions.h
- /usr/lib/libdbh-1.0.so.1
- /usr/lib/libdbh-1.0.so.1.0.0
as well as its own documentation in:
- /usr/share/doc/dbh-1.0.18/*

The dbh-devel package contain all these:
 ]$ rpm -ql dbh-devel [enter]
- /usr/include/dbh.h
- /usr/include/dbh_config.h
- /usr/include/dbh_functions.h
- /usr/lib/libdbh.a
- /usr/lib/libdbh.la
- /usr/lib/libdbh.so
- /usr/lib/pkgconfig/dbh-1.0.pc
... and the documentation:
- /usr/share/doc/dbh-devel-1.0.18/*

Its one of those :-) I'd bet on /usr/lib/pkgconfig/dbh-1.0.pc first.