OldWorld install of 4.0 -- cleaning up

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:53:17 MST 2005

Hello all, I did a clean install of YDL 4.0 over a pre-existing 3.0.1
install on an OldWorld G3/266.

My / (8000 MB) and /home (30 GB) were on separate partitions and I
only reformatted /.

As expected, the installer errored out at the end of the install
process and I was left (as expected) with an active root.

Now, how do I "re-activate" the pre-existing users on /home?

Would this work or do I risk destroying the data in the directories?

"2a- You will meet a text-mode login, login as root and add your 'user' account:
useradd <username> [ENTER]
passwd <username> [ENTER]"

From

<http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?t=339>